We welcome you
back in time
A hilarious luxurious adventure
Experience all the glamour and elegance of Downton Abbey and Bridgerton while you
entertain at your country residence with endless hearty laughter.
A hen party experience at Rockfield is a wonderful idea for those who enjoy lots of fun and laughter, beautiful period costumes, sumptious luxury and delicious food.
Rockfield House is a beautifully renovated Georgian estate set in the heart of Meath
countryside and is the perfect location to enjoy fun and frolics with all your friends and family.
Your group will be led through our upstairs downstairs laugh-a-minute high jinks by our butler and housemaids who will encourage the whole group to enjoy an afternoon like no other.
On arrival, your group will show your skills at some of the household chores, perhaps prepare your dessert, perform chamber pot duties, wash some of the lords’ and ladies’ laundry… The emphasis is very much on fun rather than work!
To progress to the ranks of the upper classes everyone needs a new
outfit! We have glamourous costumes for everyone of all shapes and
Bedecked in your finery, promenade through the house to the dining
room where you can enjoy some delightful treats. Later you will
adjourn to the Drawing Room for a selection of fun games, a Victorian
dance and of course some photos for the society pages.
All the activities and costumes with full Afternoon Tea
All the activities, costumes and three course dinner
Minimum group size: 10 people
- – Home-made brown soda bread with a selection of toppings
- – Smoked salmon and kiwi with a twist of lemon
- – Mature cheddar, Rockfield House chutney and pickles
- – Freshly cut finger sandwiches
- – Cucumber with paprika cream cheese
- – Traditional ham
- – Free range egg and spring onion
- – A selection of sea salt crackers with delicious toppings
- – Cream Cheese with cherry tomatoes and fresh chives
- – Medley of cheeses with beetroot relish
- Homemade profiteroles with chocolate
- Meringue treats with fresh cream
- Chocolate coated strawberries
- Mini Coffee slices
- Chocolate brownies
- Old-fashioned apple and lemon cake
- (that guests make themselves as part of the experience)
Old-fashioned pepper pot beef with champ potatoes.
Roast salmon with lemon and dill sauce and honey roast vegetables.
Stuffed supreme of chicken rolled in bacon served with baby boiled potatoes and roast vegetables.
We will have a choice of two main courses on the night.
Your group will choose in advance which two will be served.
Our chef will tailor your dining experience to suit any dietary requirements.
Please forward us any requests at least seven days before your booking.
We ask that you do not drink alcohol during activities but you are very welcome to bring your own drinks to have with tea or dinner. We will keep any drinks chilled as necessary and serve them in the dining room. We do not charge corkage fees.
What to bring with you
We ask all the ladies to wear a long-sleeved black top and comfortable clothes and shoes.
For the gentlemen, it is great if they wear a white/cream shirt and preferably no jeans.
Accommodation at Rockfield House
We have luxury accommodation available for up to 32 people here at Rockfield. The rooms are beautiful with very grand bathrooms.
Continental breakfast served in the dining room is included in the room rate.
For this option we ask for a minimum of fifteen people staying over – and this will give you access to the house in the evening.
Our newly renovated Gardener’s Lodge offers delightful dormitory style bedrooms with communal kitchen and living area for up to 21 people.
Please contact us directly if you are interested in accommodation.
See package prices including accommodation here
Can We Stay Over?
Yes – Please visit the Accommodation Page for a full description of the available accommodation.
How long does the experience last?
The daytime event lasts approximately 3 hours while the evening event lasts for about 4 to 4½ hours.
Is it suitable for all ages
Yes – this is a wonderful event for multi-generational groups. We have had toddlers to ninety year olds and everyone had a ball.
Is alcohol served?
You are very welcome to bring your own wine / drinks. We will be delighted to serve them with your meal. We do not charge corkage fees.
Do we bring our own costumes?
Just one item – we ask that every lady to wear a black long-sleeved top and that all gentlemen wear a plain long sleeved shirt (for servant duty) – we have everything else.
We have lots of costumes for ladies and gentlemen, but if you prefer to bring your own, you are very welcome to.
This could just be the perfect outing for your heirloom outfit.
Where did you get the idea?
And of course for those of us who appreciate the world of Jane Austen created, this is a chance to be Elizabeth Bennett.
What do we need to bring?
Every lady must wear a black long-sleeved top and that all gentlemen wear a plain long sleeved shirt… very useful for servant duties.
Any drinks you intend to have served at dinner.
What Our Visitors Say
- The Countess Package (€59 per person) lasts for 3 hours and includes activities, costumes and Afternoon Tea
- The Duchess Package (€79 per person) lasts for 4 hours and includes activities, costumes and three course dinner.
- There is a minimum group size of 10 people for all events. Less than 10 people are welcome to attend but the minimum charge will still apply. (Countess Package – €590 and Duchess Package €790)
- Please call us to book on 046 9434 135 or complete the enquiry form below. Approximate numbers attending are all that are required for booking, more definite numbers can be confirmed the week before your visit. You will only be charged for the actual number attending (once there are more than 10 minimum) on the day minus your deposit of €200. The deposit is fully refundable once you cancel more than 1 month before your booking date. Other dates and times are available on request but we do not run Hen Parties on Sundays.
- If you would like any other information, please fill out the brief form below or refer to our FAQ’s.
- Regarding accommodation, a 25% deposit will be taken at time of booking.
Hen Party Packages (incl. accommodation)
- Countess with accommodation in main house – 1 night €155, 2nights €229
- Duchess with accommodation in main house – 1 night €175, 2 nights €249
- Countess with accommodation in Gardeners Lodge – 1 night €115, 2nights €169
- Duchess with accommodation in Gardeners Lodge – 1 nights €169, 2nights €189
- Countess with accommodation in apartment – 1 night €135, 2nights €199
- Duchess with accommodation in apartment – 1 nights €155, 2nights €219
All the above prices include VAT at 13.5%.