Take a step back in time to bygone pleasures … from Diligence Downstairs to Opulence Upstairs …. all wrapped up in light hearted fun and laughter.
On arrival, everyone dresses as servants to do some of the household chores, perhaps prepare a dessert, have a chamber pot race, set the table, light the fire under the watchful eye of the butler, with the emphasis very much on fun rather than work!
We then move to the dressing room and everyone changes attire to become lords and ladies before moving upstairs to the drawing room for some parlour games, a traditional dance and of course a few photos for the society pages where we guarantee fun and laughter aplenty.
We have costumes for everyone, both servants and gentry (ladies and gentlemen)– and the dressing up alone is quite an event with laughter aplenty and we do have a wide range of costumes in all shapes and sizes!
We finish with afternoon tea in the dining room—where you have the honour of being the guests at a rather grand party.
We promise that you will have a different party that will stay in the memory long after you have left Richmond House. Just take a look at what our past visitors have to say about us!
- – Home-made brown soda bread with a selection of toppings
- – Smoked salmon and kiwi with a twist of lemon
- – Mature cheddar, Rockfield House chutney and pickles
- – Freshly cut finger sandwiches
- – Cucumber with paprika cream cheese
- – Traditional ham
- – Free range egg and spring onion
- – A selection of sea salt crackers with delicious toppings
- – Cream Cheese with cherry tomatoes and fresh chives
- – Medley of cheeses with beetroot relish
- Homemade profiteroles with chocolate
- Meringue treats with fresh cream
- Chocolate coated strawberries
- Mini Coffee slices
- Chocolate brownies
- Old-fashioned apple and lemon cake
- (that guests make themselves as part of the experience)
Old-fashioned pepper pot beef with champ potatoes.
Roast salmon with lemon and dill sauce and honey roast vegetables.
Stuffed supreme of chicken rolled in bacon served with baby boiled potatoes and roast vegetables.
We will have a choice of two main courses on the night.
Your group will choose in advance which two will be served.
Our chef will tailor your dining experience to suit any dietary requirements.
Please forward us any requests at least seven days before your booking.
We ask that you do not drink alcohol during activities but you are very welcome to bring your own drinks to have with tea or dinner. We will keep any drinks chilled as necessary and serve them in the dining room. We do not charge corkage fees.